Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Did you miss me?

Well, It's been awhile.
Did anyone miss me?  A few people mentioned that I hadn't posted in a week.
Between the snow, and the snow, and the snow, and everything else I have going on, I've just been busy.
Who am I kidding?
It happened again.
I spent some time writing over the last week and the same fear I've written about before plagued me again.
I really don't get it.
When I'm writing, either here or just fleshing out an idea, it seems to go well.  It really flows as I'm doing it.  The words just come.
After, I seem to just avoid any and all writing.  . If it is what I want to do, why does it scare me?  Why does writing make me not want to write? It is very odd, and I feel silly admitting it here.
I guess the fact that I'm able to admit it shows God working in my life.  Hence the purpose of this blog.

It took me week, but I'm back to writing on this blog. I'm really trying to fight that fear.  I've got my verse right?  Romans 8:11.  I don't have to be afraid to do anything.  I have the strength of Christ in me.  I have the power to fight.
Amazing isn't it?

The truth is, the desire and the urge to write is getting stronger and I don't know how long I will be able to give in to put it aside.  I've got a few things floating around in my head that I'm working on even as I type this.  I went to the library tonight to take time to write while my daughter had her cake decorating class.
Hmmm, progress I think.

Ok, with that said.  I want to tell you about the book that I had listed in the Currently Reading section.  I've finished it, actually about a week ago.  I really should list a few books up there because I go through them so fast it seems unfair to leave one book up there for so long when I know I've already finished it.
 
The book is "While My Pretty One Knits" by Anne Canadeo.  I picked in the sale bin at Borders because it was about a yarn store (I crochet) and the story sounded like it would be fun to read.
It turned out, I was right.  It is a mystery, although not a suspenseful one.  The owner of a yarn store is murdered and they suspect the owner of a rival yarn store.  The owner has a few great friends that stick by her through it all and even help solve the crime.  I figured out who did it before it was revealed, but that didn't ruin it for me.  I was still able to finish and enjoy the story.  The author Anne Canadeo is also known as Katherine Spencer.  Katherine Spencer co-wrote the Cape Light series books.  I read four of these books several years ago and I liked them.   Oh, and the back of the book has recipes and knitting tips from the characters, which I thought was a nice touch.  Since I found this in the sale bin, the only info I can give you about where to find it is the title and author.  Although I guess you could go to the publisher SimonandSchuster.com to buy the book or get more info.  There's always Amazon to.

I'm on to another book. 
In between homeschool, work, the Olympics, American Idol, housework, hubby time, kid time, and anything else that is going to come up in the next few days.
How do I find time?
I'm still not sure.
The book is "Washington's Lady" by Nancy Moser. We're studying American History and when I saw this book in Books a Million in Tennessee, I thought it would be appropriate.  Sort of like the teacher's version of homeschool.  It is historical fiction about Martha Washington.  Not many people like historical fiction, but it is one of my favorites.  This particular author also wrote "Just Jane", about Jane Austen which I read two years ago.  "Just Jane" was a good read so I have high hopes for "Washington's Lady.
I'll let you know.
Soon.
I won't take a week this time till I post again.
Really, I won't.
I promise.
Don't hold me to it though.
Sometimes things get in the way.

Thanks for stopping by!

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment