Friday, January 29, 2010

A trip to Hoboken

This past Tuesday we took a little trip to Hoboken.  Let me tell you why.  Wednesday, January 27th was my daughters birthday.  For her birthday she wanted to go see the Cake Boss.  For those of you who don't know who the Cake Boss is, he is the owner of Carol's Bakery in Hoboken, New Jersey.  He has a show on TLC called the Cake Boss.  It is a reality show that features the everyday goings on at the bakery.  We have become big fans of this show.  Watching them make these amazing cakes is so much fun.  My daughter has become so interested in cakes that she is taking a cake decorating class because of this show. We only live two hours from Hoboken so we took the drive.

Here's a picture of my daughter doing her best Cake Boss pose.

Needless to say we had alot of fun.  The kids really enjoyed seeing something that they had only seen on TV before.  We took pictures inside and outside of the bakery.  And we bought a birthday cake.  The kids giggled as they watched them take the cake up the stairs to the infamous workroom on the second floor for them to write "Happy Birthday Morgan" on it.  We all speculated as to who did the writing.  Of course, Buddy the Cake Boss wasn't actually there, they said he is currently in California shooting a cake challenge episode.  But we did see many familiar faces working behind the counter and on the phone.  We even walked around to the alley behind the bakery to see the back door where we have watched them bring out so many cakes to load into the delivery truck.
Silly, I know.
But have you ever visited someplace that you have seen in a movie or on TV?  There is something about seeing something about it that is just exciting and fun. 
We bought my daughter an apron that says Cake Boss on it that she proudly wore to her cake decorating class that same night.
We had a blast.
My daughter said she had a great birthday.
It was a big one this year.
13.
It's official.  She is a teenager.
She's got the cell phone (a christmas present this year) and a Facebook page to prove it.
We've entered new territory. I wasn't even all that comfortable with the old territory. I spent the these last 12 years just trying to figure out what I was supposed to do, now it's a whole new ballgame.  Who knows how I'm going to mess this up. 
At least we started out good. 
We got the birthday right.

Oh and as if my daughter turning 13 wasn't enough of a change.
Here's the flip side.....

I'm old enough to have a teenager.


Thanks for stopping by,
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment