Friday, January 1, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook, New Year's Day


Outside my window....gray skies, light rain



Iam thinking....of what kind of year I want this to be



I am thankful for...another year with my husband and children



From the learning rooms...returned all the Christmas books, picked up a few new books for my son, need to order a new history workbook for him, we'll start back next Tuesday



From the kitchen...just had a big breakfast, will be making meatball soup for later, need to start that diet.



I am wearing...my favorite black track pants from Old Navy, my green tshirt with the tiny pocket that is my husband's favorite, blue fuzzy socks, my kitchen apron because I'm in the middle of kitchen duty.



I am creating...nothing yet, but I will be crocheting a baby blanket for a friend who just had a baby.



I am going...no where today




I am reading...Stephen King's Memoirs on the Craft of Writing, I found it on the book bin at the library for $1. I'm a closet Stephen King fan.




I am hearing...the dishwasher running, my kids playing Wii




I am hoping...for a more Christ centered new year




Around the house....Christmas still everywhere, I'm not ready to give it up




One of my favorite things...Our New Year's get together with our friends. We've been doing it for about 7 years




A few plans for the rest of the week....reluctantly taking down the decorations, football on sunday, back to school on Tuesday, getting ready for basketball games to start on Saturday.









No comments:

Post a Comment