Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Movies

Ok, now I know it sounds better to do a "Movie Quote Monday" like I have been, but I'm a little behind with posting. Monday my husband and I were both off so I didn't feel right spending time on the computer. I wanted to enjoy our time together. Then yesterday we ventured out to let the kids use their gift cards that they got for Christmas since they were burning a whole in their pockets. We also went to the movies and saw the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Very cute!
But even though it is almost New Year's I've still got Christmas on the brain. I love all the Christmas movies that are on tv this time of year and it is depressing that the very next day after Christmas you don't see them anymore. Oh, there was the occasional one on over the weekend, but you know what I mean. It's not the 25 Days of Christmas on the Family Channel anymore. I really would like to write to the cable company and suggest that they offer a channel that is all Christmas movies all the time. Every night I scanned the channels to find some kind of Christmas movie to watch all during the month. If there wasn't one on I would beg the kids to put something in that we have on dvd. They thought I was crazy.
There is just something about those sappy, feel good Christmas movies that make the holiday season fun for me. Even the ones that are not all that well made, for a movie buff like me, they still warm my heart.
I recently went through all my old Christmas magazines I had been saving and just tore out the stuff I wanted to save instead of saving the whole magazine. I came across this one page in particular in an old Family Circle. It was titled "Words to Live by" "Magical Movie Moments"
I find it interesting the combination of quotes they used. Some I absolutely love, others are just humorous if you don't take them too seriously.

Here are the quotes they used:

"Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store, maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." -How the Grinch Stole Christmas

"Loving kindness, warm hearts and a stretched-out hand of tolerance. All the shining gifts make peace on earth." -The Bishop's Wife

"It's Christmas Eve...for a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we always hoped we would be."-Scrooged

"I'm of the mind-set that you can never do to much to make a child's Christmas magical."-Jingle all the way

"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to." -Miracle on 34th Street

"Every time a bell rings an angle gets his wings"-It's a Wonderful Life

"God bless us, everyone."-A Christmas Carol

And then here are a few of my own, most of these are just funny-

"I just like smiling, smilings my favorite"-Elf (really anything from the Elf movie is hilarious)

"Oh no, no ones running out on this fun old fashioned family Christmas"-Christmas Vacation

"Would you like to maybe go out and uh...get some uh...noodles....and ....pie"-The Santa Clause 2

"Santa is lactose intolerant!"-The Santa Clause

"Santa Clause is a fradulent myth"-Twas the night before Christmas (an old cartoon movie with a mouse and a clock tower, not many people have seen it. I'm dating myself with this one)

"I'm cute, I'm cute, she said I'm cute!"-Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

"What's she cooking? A canary?"-Mickey's Christmas Carol"

"Oh, there ain't no hole in the washtub!"-Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (I'm dating myself with this one to)

"I triple dog dare you!"-A Christmas Story (anything from this movie is funny)

Josey


No comments:

Post a Comment