Thursday, December 3, 2009

Double Dilema

Hello All!
22 Days till Christmas! and counting...
The kids are enjoying the stocking countdown this year. My son gets up bright and early to check to see what kind of surprise they have for the day.
It's only December 3rd but I'm trying to plan for Christmas gifts this year. Not for the kids or the immediate family, but for our friends. We always exchange cookie trays or something homemade. I usually pick up some kind of cute dishes or trays to put the cookies on as part of the gift to. Yhis year I'm a little bored with the regular cookies and things I've been baking at Christmas. Everyone likes them, I'm just looking to make something different this year. I probably shouldn't stress myself out about this and just make the normal stuff.
Really, I'm trying to simplify things. It's something that has been nagging at me since our vacation. To try to do things more simply and less complicated and therefore creating less stress for the holidays.
I'm drawing a blank for ideas.
Over the years our gift list has shrunk so it's not that we have alot of gifts to buy. But as much as I love to bake, it can get a little crazy. Plus, all those cookies! You do you think eats most of them? Uh huh you guessed it. I make the cookies for the gifts we give away but there are always extras. We have them for dessert on Christmas to, but the reality is me and my husband are the ones who eat most of them.
I really don't want to do that.
I've eaten way too many cookies in my lifetime already if you know what I mean.
This isn't the best time to be watching my weight, but watch it I must.
Because as I've been watching over the last few months I've noticed it is not at a number it should be at.
It's not a number I'm comfortable with.
It's time for a major change in that number.
No matter what time of year it is.
It's a major dilema.
I know what to do. I've read all the books. I've tried it all. I've done it several times before.
It's time to get serious.
Anyway, back to the Christmas gifts.
I would like to find another way to go. Something new. Something different.
Any suggestions?

Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment