Friday, October 23, 2009

Trust

Three times this week I have read about the story of Rack, Shack, and Benny (sorry veggie tales version). Their names are tough to spell this early before coffee. But you know who I'm talking about.

The firery furnace.

It was the devotion I did with my son.
It was in my own devotion time.
It was in a blog post I read early this morning.
And it's only 8 am, the day and the weekend aren't over yet.

Do you find it encouraging that after my last post, I would come across this story three times?
I do.
Isn't it just like God to speak to me in this way.
I remember to the first time I read it this week, it was probably Monday or Tuesday in my devotion time. I didn't really think much of it at the time. The main thing I thought was, it was good to read the actual story so I can get that giant pickle out of my head singing about "The Bunny." (if you watch the movie, you'll understand)
God knew I needed to get more out of it.
So then it came up again with my son during his devotion time. His devotions always have some sort of written activity that goes with it. For this one he had to fill in the blanks of the verse with vowels. The verse was "Be faithful to the point of death and I will give you the crown of life" Rev. 2:10
I still didn't get it.
So this morning I was checking out some of my favorite blogs. (There's a list on the left side of this blog) I stopped by one and the title was called Facing Financial Fears. Of course I had to check that out, who isn't fearful now? In the post she mentioned the same story about the firery furnace.
That's when it clicked.
Trust.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding......

I don't know why I get fearful sometimes, I don't always know how to control my emotions and how I feel physically, I sometimes feel overwhelmed and don't know what I should be doing.

But God does know. Nothing surprises him. Not even our responses to the things of everyday life.
The key is trust. Trust in Him for guidance, comfort, and courage in all things all the time.
It's not easy. I don't think it's supposed to be.
However, I don't think there's any other way. It's our only choice.
Even if that furnace represents something that is difficult for us to do.

We must go into that furnace fully trusting in the one who will only put us there so He can bring us out.
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment