Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Not much to say

Well, you'll have to forgive me. I don't really have anything inspiring to say today.
So how about an update.
We're busy, as usual. Michael is still playing baseball. Did I tell you he's pitching? I probably did. But pitching? That is huge for him. The idea that he would even stand on the mound and attempt to pitch is a big deal. He was so afraid before, if we had suggested he go out on the field he would cry. Now he's not only playing baseball, but he's pitching.
Morgan went on her first Junior High Girls Camping Trip this past weekend. They got rained on, alot. But overall it was a good trip. The girls had as much fun as the leaders did.
This weekend is the boys turn. The boys trip is from grades 3 up to 8th. So my son will be going for the first time. Talk about nerve racking!. My husband is going to. I told him he had to, although he would have gone anyway just to be with his son. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about him going. The boys like to play a little rough. Michael isn't the meatiest kid around. He could end up broken if he's not careful.
I'm still reading my bible everyday. I'm still in the book of Ezekiel and Psalms. Psalms, is Psalms, not much trouble reading those. Ezekiel on the other hand, Wow. I don't even know who he is. And because I picked up the schedule at the end of September, I don't even know what is going on. Today was a whole chapter about the measurements of the tabernacle. Oh, I love my Lord and savior, but I have to admit I don't get the point of a chapter like that. What is a cubit anyway?
But I'm doing it. I'm being obedient and reading everyday.
This time of year things are a little quieter at my husband's job. Which is a good thing, because soccer is winding down and we are about to start basketball at our church. Our basketball program is pretty popular. Last year we had just under 200 kids. It is a huge undertaking. And at the same time our church is working our christmas outreach plans. So juggling the schedule is a little challenging. It's a wonderful program though, and I'm glad our church uses it. Seeing those kid's faces when they get the ball is just, not to sound too cliched, is priceless.
Homeschooling is moving along. I'm still enjoying it. Probably a little too much. I think I like it better than the kids. I get excited about all the possibilities. Do you realize that you can turn anything into a lesson? Really, you can. And the types of assignments you can do that relate to any lesson you come up with are endless. I'd like to get the kids a little more excited but I'm not sure how to do that yet. It think it will come with time.
Well, it's 9:00 pm and I've got to prepare lessons, get the kids to bed, read a little of Fantastic Mr. Fox to my son, give my husband a little of my time, then get to sleep cause I gotta work tommorrow.
Wow, for not having much to say, this post is pretty long.
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment