Friday, August 28, 2009

Too much to say

Today I've got to decide what to write about. There are three things that I could tell you about today and I don't know which one. Hmmm. Maybe I could do all three.
1. The bird died. Anyone who has been reading lately knows that last week we took an injured hummingbird to a rescue center to try to save it. On Wednesday we received the postcard they promised to send. Unfortunately, due to it's injuries the bird did not survive. That was the official wording. I had the postcard addressed to my son because he likes to get mail. Needless to say he was a little disappointed that the bird didn't survive. The good news though, is I think we have a new appreciation for birds. We're planning on getting a hummingbird feeder and maybe a few other bird feeders as well. My son has painted several bird houses for craft projects and we're going to put them around the yard. So I guess it wasn't all for nothing. Don't tell my husband that though.
2. Our exchange student arrived this week. Jessie is a high school student from China. She will attend the local Christian school that my children attended last year. So far she is getting along nicely with my children. They seem to be having fun together. This weekend she will come with us to church. I think it might be a new experience for her. She doesn't have a bible and she said they weren't able to find a church in China. I'm not entirely sure of her spiritual background, there was nothing in her paperwork to indicate that they ever attended a bible believing church. She practices a form of meditation in the mornings which is interesting. All in all, things are going well.
3. We sold my husband's truck. He's had it for about 6 years and it is manual transmission. With all the driving he does it just wasn't working doing all that shifting. We sold it to my boss. It was one of those things where my husband mentioned to him that we were thinking about selling it and he said he was looking for a truck and he didn't mind manual transmission. In fact, he enjoyed driving a stick shift. Then came the hard part. We had to find a car to replace it with. We sold the truck for 3,000 and we had another 1,000 set aside. Do you know how hard it is to find a reliable, decent car for $4,000? It's difficult. We've been looking for over a week. Yesterday was the day we made the offical sale. My husband came home from work very frustrated because he just couldn't find anything. Or everything he found was over an hour away. He said he had even considered buying this car that was up the road from us for sale, even though it wasn't what he wanted and it really wasn't in that great a shape. He was willing to settle at this point. But when he went by, the car wasn't there! He came home and checked Craig's List, one more time. Surprisingly a new listing popped up. It was exactly what he wanted, for almost the exact amount we had and it was right around the corner from our house!! Can you believe it? He called right away and the woman who was selling the car said she had just posted it 5 minutes before he called! He went right over and it was the best looking car for that price he had seen all week. She said she would take what we could pay. He bought it, of course and my husband has been very excited to tell everyone how God found him a car.

Well I guess that wasn't soo bad telling all three things I wanted to tell you today.
Sometimes you just have to tell all.
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment