Saturday, August 8, 2009

They're coming home

The kids will be home tonight.
Wow, this week has gone by fast. I think I'm just starting to get comfortable with them being gone and they're coming home. The first few days were rough but is got easier as each day past. They'll be home in a few hours.
It really was like being on vacation this week. I hardly had anything to do. Hardly any dishes, laundrey or cleaning for that matter. The house stayed clean. We ate out alot so no dishes. It took three days to get enough clothes for a full load of laundrey.
But it's all over now. Starting tomorrow I'll be doing those things again. I have to admit there is a small part of me that was a little bored this week. At one point I said to my husband "Wow, this is what it would be like if we didn't have children" "It's not that much fun" Although there is the hope that if I didn't have children, I would at least have something to occupy my time. But you know even if I did, it would only take up a small portion of my time. There would still be alot of down time.
I think I have a new appreciation for my kids after this past week. Shhh. don't tell them. They'll just use it to their advantage and before you know it I'll be buying them something they really don't need.
This is our life. However up and down it is, it is the life God has for us. These are the children he gave to us to care for. Whatever we deal with on a daily basis is all God given. The good the bad and the ugly, it's all from God and it's all a blessing.
Our week as a couple is now over. It was nice to just focus on my husband all week. It was fun being on "our own" time all week.
Now it's back to reality. Back to the daily grind, the everyday routine.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment