Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Free Movie Day

So much for posting more regularly.
There's so much happening every day, every week, every month. I barely have time for the things I have to do.
But today was free movie day. Every summer our theater offers free movies during the week. Alot of theaters do this so it's not new. For us it works out great because we don't get to the movies that often so some of the free movies are movies we haven't seen yet. Today we saw "The Tale of Desperoux" (i know that is spelled wrong, it just doesn't look right) Anyway, we haven't seen it so we went.

It was really cute, however they did take a few liberties with the story. I have read the book. Our school librarian told me it was a good story so last summer I read it. I really enjoyed it. But that means I know the story so watching it on the screen it's easy for me to pick out all of the things that they added to the movie that weren't in the book. My son has just started reading it for his summer reading and he was a little confused at the beginning. Over all, it was a cute story and the animation was really beautiful. I liked who they chose for the voices to.

After I read the book last summer I did a search of the author who is also the author of "Because of Winn Dixie", but couldn't find a whole lot about her. (I may try again). The reason I did this was because I felt like there was an underlying message in the book. There was the rats who loved darkness, except the one rat who wanted out of the darkness. Then there was Desperoux ( I can't get it right), who was the "hero" who used a red thread quite often during the story, and saved the day. It also talks alot about forgiveness. It made me wonder if the author was a christian. But as I said I couldn't find anything on her website that talked about whether she had saving faith. Of course that doesn't mean she isn't a christian, it just means I couldn't find it.

Does anyone out there know anything more about this author? If you do, let me know. I would be interested to find out.

Summer is in full swing. Can you believe it's the 4th on Saturday? Me either. This week we have baseball games, and Upward Basketball Camp, and VBS and a 4th barbeque on Saturday. It will be over before you know it and school will be starting again. I have some interesting information about this coming school year and my family, however I'm not ready to post about it just yet, you'll have to wait for it.

Happy 4th!
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment