Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mission Impossible?

Sorry it's been so long since I last posed, but I've been on a mission.
A mission to be the woman God intended me to be.

I used to think it was impossible. Sometimes I think it still is. I've always set out to do the right thing, but somehow by the end of the day, it was all out the window. I just couldn't hold up under the pressure. And there were times when I thought I was the only one who messed up everyday. I would look at other women in my church and think they were doing a better job than I was. I've come to realize though that it really is a matter of choice. When whatever happens, happens I can choose to do what I know God would want, or I can choose to do what I want. And everyone at one time or another will sometimes make the wrong choice. Our mission, if we choose to accept it, is to let God guide us no matter what the situation, even if we mess up.

I have finally chosen to accept the mission God has for me instead of my own.

First assignment: Find out what I'm supposed to do.
So this is what I've been doing lately. I have been inspired and encouraged to make a change by some of my pastor's sermons as well as the speaker at our recent retreat, and things I've learned in my weekly women's bible study. I have recently read "What Happens When Women Say Yes To God" by Lysa Tykeurst, "Becoming God's True Woman" by Nancy DeMoss and I have subscribed to a daily email "The 30 day True Woman Challenge" also by Nancy DeMoss. I am reading anything and everything I can get my hands on, including my bible. If I'm ever going to be successful at this, then I must find out what it is I'm supposed to be doing, (or not doing). One thing I have learned as a believer is that you can't do what you are supposed to, if you don't know what you are supposed to. That's what I've been doing lately. I have a stack of books by my bedside all different types, even fiction. I also carry my bible with me now. If I have some down time I flip it open and read. I read something from each one the different books I have on hand depending on how I feel lead. I pray before I read and I pray after I read and then I wait for God to direct me. And He is directing me. I even have an anxiousness about it now. I've become excited about seeing what God is going to say or reveal to me.

Now, I don't know what happens with anyone else, but whenever I start to do the right thing, everything seems to go wrong. In the past, when this has happened, I've given up and fallen back into old habits. This time, I'm equiping myself. I'm bringing out the big guns so to speak. Because of all my reading and praying, I am recognizing these firery darts and I'm fighting them off. Ladies, I soooo want to complete this mission. I've not been happy with the way I handle things for such a long time and it needs to change. I've been trying to handle things my own way for far too long and it's not working. It is time to really live out what I say I believe.

Next time, I'm going to talk about what I've done in a practical sense along with finding out what I'm supposed to do.

Josey
P.S. if you are interested in the "30 day true women challenge", there is a link to the right that says "Revive our Hearts", you should be able to click right on that link and it will take you to the website. If I did it wrong and you can't do that, you can go to reviveourhearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment