Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back Home

We're back.
Yesterday was the first day back to reality. School and work are really no fun after being on vacation. I now have mounds of laundry to do and work to catch up on. And there's no food in the house. But it's ok, it was worth it. We had a great time.
Today I finished writing my testimony for our women's retreat this weekend. I will be leaving Thursday afternoon for King of Prussia area. I don't think I'll have access to a computer until I get back on Saturday. I will be giving my testimony on Friday morning.

I became a caffene and sugar junkie when I was on vacation. What is it about vacations that make us think we can just go wild when it comes to eating habits. I let all my good habits I had worked on go right out the window. I finally got some yogurt about 5 days into it and by the end of the week I was ordering salads again. I had successfully lost 8 pounds before we left and now I'm up 3! Which I guess isn't bad considering we were away 8 days and we stayed with my mother in law who is a really good cook. She pulls out all the stops when we visit and really feeds us well. But the caffene and sugar was just my own fault. We were in the south after all and every where you go you can get "sweat tea" In New Jersey ice tea is always unsweetened. So of course, "when in rome"... Between the caffene in the tea and the I can't even imagine how much sugar, it was crazy. Also, everyone we stayed with drinks regular coffee. I didn't want to have to make a separate pot of decaf, so I drank regular. Oooh wee! was I juiced up!!

Now I'm paying for it. It's like I'm detoxing. I've gone back to water and decaf coffee and I'm suffering. I had the worst headache yesterday and today I was a little sluggish getting going. But I gotta get off the stuff. It really isn't good for me. I get all revved up and edgy, then I crash and get cranky and tired. I kind of use the incredible hulk as an example. I tell people "don't give me caffene, you wouldn't like me on caffene"

So often we know things aren't good for us, yet we do it anyway. Why is that? If I could answer that question I guess, I wouldn't have half the problems I have. Being on vacation just gives us that feeling that we can do whatever we want. At least for me anyway when it comes to eating. The other stuff in my life actually gets better on vacation. Weird huh? At home, I'm healthy and doing everything wrong, on vacation I'm doing everything right, but I'm unhealthy.

Oh well, I don't know, just proves I'm still a work in progress, I guess. I'll just add it to the list of things I will be thankful I no longer do someday when I get to heaven.

Gotta go, schools almost done.
Thanks for stopping by...
Josey


No comments:

Post a Comment