Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Day Off

Hi!
Today is one of my days off. I just finished the weekly cleaning and thought I pop in to chat.

As always I'm busy busy today. We are leaving on Saturday morning for Tennessee to visit my husband parents and his sisters. They retired a few years ago and moved there. His sisters decided to go to. We'll spend Easter with them and a few extra days. The kids are off from school starting Friday. We will leave Tenn. on Thursday morning and head to Lynchburg Virginia. We are meeting up with our friends there. They'll leave from New Jersey on Thursday morning. Our friends both went to college at Liberty University. Over the years they have talked so much about the area, we decided we'd like to see it for ourselves. So we're all going together. There will be 13 of us. They have four children, we have two and an exchange student and my friend's parents are coming.(grammy and grandad) We rented a house on Smith Mountain Lake just ouside of Lynchburg. It's the only place we could find big enough for all of us. I"m really looking forward to a vacation. My husband and I could use a time for rest and fun. But my husband has a method to our maddness. We would like to visit the college for future reference. My daughter is only 12, and my son 7 but it doesn't hurt to start early. We also want to look at the local christian school, Liberty Christian Academy. We found out recently that if your children graduate from Liberty Christian Academy high school, they get free tuition to Liberty University. FREE TUITION! Can you believe it? My husband is actually talking about moving there so we can take advantage of this. It is hard to pass that up. I've never lived anywhere else. Of course my daughter being the middle schooler she is, is dead set against it. My husband is just looking at it from a financial point of view. We have struggled so much the last few years and we would be in a much better economic situation if we lived there. But, oh, what a choice to make. I'm a little divided over the whole thing. Please pray for clear direction for our family with all of this.

I finished the book I was reading. It was wonderful. I highly recommend it- "What happens when women say yes to God" by Lysa Terkeurst. It was so easy to read, and totally portable (I took it to baseball and softball practice this week) There was plenty of Godly wisdom and insight as well as personal stories. I really love when writers add their own life into a book. For me, it really helps me relate to them and the book better. I feel like what she says is doable, that it is not beyond my reach. So many times I feel like I"m the only one with what ever issue I'm facing. It was nice to know that there are other people who face the same things day in and day out. Then, to read on and get the wisdom needed to know what to do about it. And I can trust it because everything points back to God and my relationship with Him. But I can also see someone who has actually done it and it worked. I'm reading it again more slowly this time and taking time to do the study at the end of each chapter. I couldn't put it down the first time and I just didn't want to stop for anything. Now, I'm going to really get into the meat of it and really pray and ask God to show me what he wants me to get from this book.

If you're looking for a good read, this definately qualifies.

Speaking of books I'd like to take something with me on vacation. Any suggestions? I have a few in my pile next to my bed waiting to be read that I could go choose from. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have. The budget is tight, so I don't think I could buy anything new right now, it would have to be something I could borrow.

Oh, I have to tell you something that happened that is such an amazing God story! Ok, so I've been praying about this writing thing and what direction God wants me to go with it and whether or not I should even pursue it. Well, I was having breakfast with my friend Linda, who is kind of my mentor and she was asking if I've been writing and what I've been writing. I told her that I started the blog so I've been writing there, then I write in my journal as much as possible. I also told her that our pastor's wife, asked me to write the skit for our women's retreat again this year. I wrote a skit for the first time last year. This year they want more scenes. Anyway, Linda asked me if I wanted to get involved in this project she is starting at church with children's ministry. She wants to start working on some drama things. Skits, small productions, things like that that they can use in children's church or for special events. I couldn't believe it, there it was an answer to what I've been praying about!! I told her yes and we are going to begin soon working on some skits. She will give me the "theme" and I will write a skit that depicts it. I'm so excited.

That's my amazing story for today.

Well, my coffee is cold now and it is time to switch the laundry and head out to Target to look for a new top for Easter. Then I'll be home, to write and make dinner. We having soup and sandwiches tonight, my daughter has a softball game. I told you, busy busy..

Thanks for stopping by
Josey

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Josey!

    A few book suggestions (at your request):
    "Hidden Joy In A Dark Corner" - Wendy Blight P31
    "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" - L. TerKeurst (great to do after the "Yes" book you did)
    "A Place of Quiet Rest" - DeMoss

    Have a wonderful trip! Happy, Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete