Friday, April 17, 2009

Greetings from Lynchburg....

Hi everyone,
We've been in Lynchburg, VA since yesterday. We've never been here before. Our friends both went to Liberty University and have talked about it alot. I mentioned before that the Lychburg Christian School is offering free tuition to students who enroll and graduate high school from there. My husband and I decided to check it out. We are considering relocating there to take advantage of this opportunity.

Lynchburg and the surrounding towns are beautiful. The Liberty campus is impressive. We toured the school and were very happy with what we saw and heard. It is incredible what the Falwell family has accomplished here. We also drove around and looked at neighborhoods. After our visit today, I think we are definately hoping to make this move sometime in the future. I have to admit though, I'm a little nervous. We seem to be getting hints here and there that this may be something God wants us to do. The reality of what we are planning to do is frightening. It is one thing to talk about something, but to actually start planning and doing it, is something else. We would be leaving our church and our friends and all of the areas we serve in at church. It is hard to even think about doing that. But I know I have to trust God in all of this no matter what happens. Sometimes that is even harder.

We did some site seeing today. We visited "Poplar Forest", which was the vacation home of Thomas Jeffersn. It was really cool, if you're into historical stuff. We considered visiting Appomatox, but I'm not sure if we will get there. Appomatox is the site of the end of the civil war. Tomorrow we will visit the campus again. They are opening a new bookstore and there will be a spring football game.

Please continue to pray for me. I'm still working on editing my testimony for our women's retreat next weekend. I'm also in charge of the skit and we've only been able to get together once to discuss it. We will pretty much be winging it based on our discussions. I'm also running the sound system for the worship music. And in the middle of all this I've got a meeting for my upcoming missions trip. Then there is all the regular day to day stuff, like school, baseball and softball games/practices. Wow, it looks much worse when I type it all out like that.

It's late and it's been a long day, thanks for your prayers!
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment