Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What a Day!

Hello Everyone again,
Well, day 2 of my official blog. I hope you will enjoy what I post here. Today I want to share with you a scripture that was brought to my attention through today's devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries. The devotion was about our dreams and how God fulfills them in his time according to his will and plan for our life. Here is the scripture: "Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you have planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5 (NIV) I have had a dream to be able to write and speak to people through the written word for as long as I could remember.

After yesterday, I am especially wowed by this verse. I began this blog yesterday. But as I said in my beginning post, it was not my intention to start a blog yesterday. I went to work at my job in the church office as I always do on Monday. The thought never crossed my mind that by the end of the day I would be embarking on this journey with God and you. I had heard about the scholarship contest for bloggers at the Proverbs 31 site. In order to enter you had to have a blog. I didn't have one, so I posted a comment saying that I was disappointed I couldn't enter because I didn't have a blog and didn't know how to start one. This was last week when the contest was first posted. Yesterday morning I opened my email at work and there was a message from Kimberly who had seen my comment and wanted to help. She explained to me how easy it was to set up a blog and said she hoped I wouldn't miss out on the contest. I couldn't believe it at first. But then I shouldn't be surpised, God has a way of speaking to me at just the right time. I really believe it was by God's prompting that she emailed me. A BIG THANK YOU to Kimberly for listening and taking action on that prompting.

So I stepped out in faith and did it. By the end of the day I had a blog, and was entered in the contest. And I have to tell you, I have had such a peaceful heart about the whole thing. This morning I opened the daily devotion from Proverbs 31 and along with the scripture I posted above, I read about someone else who had a dream that she thought was put on hold and out of no where, God showed her that it wasn't. I couldn't believe it again. I had my confirmation from God that I took a step in the right direction.

I don't know where this is all going, what will happen with it, or when I will fit in the time for it, but I know God is with me every step of the way, and now so are all of you. I hope you will stick it out with me.

Josey

1 comment:

  1. You know what? I saw your post and almost emailed you and told you the same thing. I don't know why I didn't. Busy, I guess. I feel ashamed. I am THRILLED that Kimberly took the time to help you out, and to find your blog! I hope God blesses it greatly! :-)

    ReplyDelete