Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ready, Set, Go! Part II

Well, I didn't hit my goal of only spending $100 or less on groceries for this week. But I did get out of the store within the right time frame. I got the bible study at a respectable 9:45. Two more people came in after me much later so I did good. I actually spent $143.00 on groceries, which is the average. I thought I'd let you know what I spent that on. I always go with a menu plan for the week and I shop every week. This is what I'll be making for dinner this week:
Tonight: London Broil Pizzaiola(london broil with peppers and cheese)
Tomorrow: Fish & Chips
Saturday: Pork Chops and Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Sunday: We have our home fellowship group on Sunday and I don't know what our meal "theme" is this week but I have stuff in reserve.
Monday: Meatballs and Ravioli
Tuesday: Breakfast for dinner

I also got stuff to pack lunches this week as well as healthy options for myself since I"m on Weight Watchers. Speaking of Weight Watchers, I weighed in today and I'm down another pound. Total pounds lost to date is 6.5. I'm in my 5th week. I've got a long way to go yet. My goal is about 30 pounds.

So all in all it was a good day. I didn't get to have lunch with my friend, she had a sick child today. I had lunch with my hubby instead, which was very nice. Bible study was really good today. I gave my blessing as "being able to go to the Lord with a list of things if necessary" I've had alot on my mind lately and for some reason I was just holding on to it all and trying to figure out what God wanted me to do in each area. I finally realized I couldn't do that anymore and I needed to give it to him if I wanted to find out what he wanted me to do in each area. On Sunday, I did just that. I literally prayed a list away to Him. But I also asked for forgiveness for bringing such a list to Him. I know are prayers should be filled with our "lists" all the time. But I think once in a while is ok.

Well, I'm off and running again. Tonight I have a meeting at church for an upcoming missions trip. I'm on a team that is going to London in May to help at a missionary training center. We wil also do some outreach to Muslims.

Can you say B-U-S-Y!!!

Thanks for sticking with me
Josey

No comments:

Post a Comment