Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Official!

WooHoo I'm a Blogger!!!

This is my first official post as a Blogger.
I absolutely cannot believe I have a blog. I didn't even know I wanted one, then suddenly before I knew it I was setting it up.(the contest really pushed me over the edge to do it, keep reading you'll get to that part) I love how God works in my life. That is what you will find here, amazing stories of how God is working in my life. Why would I want to share this you may ask? Well, there is this scripure Psalm 9:1 "I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders." that is what I hope to accomplish with this blog. I want to tell everyone and anyone what God has done for me and what He is continuing to do in my life everyday. My prayer is that people will read this and find encouragement for themselves.

But I cannot possibly go on without thanking the people at Proverbs 31 Ministries. They have a wonderful part in this to. I am a frequent visitor to their site and I receive their email devotions daily. I have been blessed tremendously by this site. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Anyway, they have this conferrence called She Speaks! It is for people who are interested in writing, speaking or new this year, blogging. The conference is incredible. They have all these wonderful classes that help you with your writing and speaking skills. They've added blogging this year for people who want to improve their blogs and blogging techniques. There are publishers there to for people who have actually written books and would like to try to get them published. I could go on and on. I've been reading about it since I started receiving the emails two years ago and I want desparately to go.

You see, I have this secret dream of becoming a writer or speaker. I haven't been able to figure out what direction God wants me to go with this yet. I would just love to be able to reach more and more people with my stories of God working in my life either by speaking or writing. Over the years I have benefited by hearing other peoples stories. I've always thought, if I'm blessed by someone else's story, why couldn't someone be blessed by one of mine?
When I was a child in school, I always had good reports from the teachers, but the one thing they always said year after year was "she talks too much". Boy wouldn't it be wonderful for God to use this seemingly negative thing for something that can bring glory to HIm. Hmmm... I think there's a story in there... But alas, I lack the skills needed to do any of this well. This is where the conference comes in. What an incredible opportunity to work on my skills. I think this would be a great way to get me going with this calling on my life and figure out which way God is pointing me.
I would love to go to this conference. I think I truly need to be there. You can see from my blog, that I am not experienced in this and I could REALLY use some help setting up my blog so it is a nice place to visit. However, I cannot afford it. The extra money for something like this just isn't there right now.

But lo and behold!! The other day I found out they are having a scholarship contest. The information about the scholarship contest can be found here: http://lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/2009/03/she-speaks-scholarship-contest-for.html The winner will get a chance to go to the conference with paid registration. There isn't words to describe how thankful I would be if I were chosen for this. I would just be jumping for joy if I were chosen for this scholarship. Or should I say "blogging for joy" . If you are interested in this conference and would like to check it out for yourself please visit their website at: http://www.shespeaksconference.com/ Also, check out the Proverbs 31 Ministries website at: http://www.proverbs31.org/ I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
This has been so much fun today. I am looking forward to spending more time telling you all the amazing things God is doing every day in my ordinary life.

Josey

7 comments:

  1. Hooray! You did it! Fantastic! I am glad you stepped out and decided to give this blogging thing a whirl! It really is a blessing to be able to share all about Him on a blog.

    Blessings, to you!
    K :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Josey, friend of my dear dear friend Laura S:
    Thanks for stopping by to let me know you started a blog! How exciting for you! May He encourage you as you encourage others in His truth!
    Laura probably told you she joined me at She Speaks last year (it was my second year). It was a JOY to have her with me as she was the one who introduced me to P31 ("Woman's Secret To A Balanced Life" by TerKeurst and Jaynes" about 8 years ago. God has used that ministry to draw me closer to Him by His Word.
    Congratulations and blessings!
    Hope you get to go to She Speaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at you go! How exciting for you to start your blog now.
    I'm new this year to the blog myself. I LOVE IT!!!
    I have also felt lead to speak, write and do ministry outloud.
    This conference sounds so amazing.
    Good luck to you.....I hope you keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and for God to lead you in the ways He would have you go. Best of luck and hope to see you there!

    Much love,
    Tracy Jenks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the hardest part is getting started. After that, you start seeing everything through a blogger's eyes. In every situation, I find myself thinking "I can't wait to write about this on my blog." :) Best wishes with the scholarship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moses thought he lacked skills too... :-)

    Praying for your dream and wishing you luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josey,
    You write like a seasoned blogger! Didn't know you had a secret gift that you want to share! I will be praying for you!

    Debbie H.

    ReplyDelete